Desktop Support Specialist
Support Services – Information Technology
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to provide IT support to users firm wide based in our Minneapolis office. This position will join our Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) team with the mission to guide, develop and support Cuningham Group technical systems so people can connect, communicate and successfully produce products now and into the future. The Desktop Support Specialist assists end users with technical support of computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users including managers and Principals is required. Support includes maintaining, desktops, virtual machines, printers, email, antivirus, and backups in a Windows 10 environment.
What you will do
- Accurately test, identify, repair, resolve, and document end user technical issues for basic computer support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), and basic printer support.
- Clearly communicate with end-users throughout the troubleshooting and assistance process
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues. Install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support.
- Take ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
What we look for
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in information or computer systems OR 0-5 years equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting.
- Strong break/fix skills with software and hardware
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 products and their configuration.
- Experience with iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of Autodesk and/or Adobe products is a plus.
- Familiarity with various web-conferencing systems
- Prior experience creating technical documentation for IT staff and end users.
- Strong customer service skills; must possess a friendly, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated experience providing consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of equipment deployments and incidents.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.