Play – Resort/Hospitality
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Project Manager to focus on resort, hospitality, restaurant, and retail projects for our Minneapolis office.
As the primary point of contact, the Project Manager shall be responsible for coordination between Cuningham Group, its clients, and its consultants. Additionally, the Project Manager will be responsible for the management, design and technical efforts of project team members and the integration of architecture, interiors, engineering, and other disciplines on his/her projects.
Qualified applicants should submit a portfolio, resume and cover letter detailing their experience.
What you will do
- Lead, guide and manage projects, teams, and budgets.
- Develop and update project staffing plans and project schedules.
- Develop and define deliverables, schedules, and fees.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and facilitate updating of the earned value structure for each project.
- Motivate and manage cross-office project teams.
- Monitor employee planned versus actual time and performance.
- Plan and facilitate/delegate internal and external communications.
- Responsible for day-to-day client relations and assisting project leadership and Principals-In-Charge.
- Administer Owner and Consultant contracts.
- Submit to and review with clients matters pertaining to budget and scope of services.
- Support Market Group Leader and Operations Leader with staffing decisions and revenue projections.
What we look for
- Minimum of five years of experience managing medium to large scale hospitality projects within a design firm, with a minimum of 10 total years of experience in the AEC industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and the design team.
- Demonstrated success leading and inspiring management, technical and design staff.
- Experience with fee creation and management.
- Experience with contract development and administration.
- Experience with project scheduling and staff management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Project management software proficiency (e.g. Office 365, Microsoft Project) Deltek Vision proficiency preferred.
- Revit familiarity
- Bluebeam familiarity
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.