Play – Resort/Hospitality
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a highly creative Interior Designer for our Minneapolis office. We are looking for a motivated, inventive individual committed to high quality, hospitality-style design to join our team. This is an atypical role that it requires an extreme level of artistry, innovative ideas, and three-dimensional thinking. Successful candidates will be responsible for leading interior design on multiple projects by collaborating on design, product sourcing, preparing presentations, material and FF&E selections/specifications, construction documents and consultant coordination.
This is a great opportunity to regularly ‘think outside of the box’, really get to know a client and explore unique and sometimes fantastical hospitality-style designs. It’s also a great opportunity to build a lasting relationship with an exceptional group of design and construction professionals. How often do you find a job opportunity that is truly about forging lasting relationships and continued creativity with a client who appreciates your imaginative work? You will get to be a part of a special client relationship with a team that focuses on quality, sometimes fanciful design decisions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing their experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work well in a team environment, partnering with a senior designer & helping junior staff to meet design goals & deadlines
- Collaborate and lead the conceptual design through construction document process.
- Team up on presentation preparations and computer generated renderings utilizing Photoshop or other software programs.
- Create, manage and present design presentations at regular fast paced intervals.
- Be responsible for selection, research and specification of all furnishings, fixtures & equipment, finishes and lighting.
- Utilizing Revit prepare construction documents including technical plans, finish plans, elevations, details, specifications and a complete understanding of a drawing set.
- Establish relationships with client, consultants and contractors and coordinate work requests from them as appropriate.
- Manage junior designers and interns.
- Be careful & detailed in your work & team management, plan ahead to comfortably meet deadlines
- Travel for on-site design and coordination meetings will be bi-monthly or monthly for one to three days at a time.
- Provide input on pricing discussions.
- Be committed to working with team members in multiple locations.
- Participate in staffing discussions.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design. NCIDQ certified is preferred.
- 7 or more years of interior design experience.
- Experience with hospitality interior design – themed restaurant and entertainment or casino experience is a plus.
- Fast idea generation with the ability to adjust in real time.
- Has a passion for following through with highly creative designs to detailed technical documentation.
- Broad materials selection and installation knowledge.
- A team player who has successfully managed a small team of designers.
- Exceptional follow through and the ability to craft a story.
- Ability to plan several months ahead.
- Communication skills in all forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience in Sketch Up, Rhino or other modeling programs a plus.
- Experience with Revit documentation.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.