Los Angeles, CA /
Education – Project Management /
Cuningham seeks a Project Manager out of our Culver City office to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
The Project Manager will play a key role in continuing to expand our business through project leadership and client management. As the primary point of contact, the Project Manager is responsible for coordination of the project between Cuningham and its Clients. The Project Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the efforts of their project teams, both internally and with consulting disciplines. Commonly performed tasks include define deliverables, schedule, and fees during the proposal phase; develop and update project staffing plans and project schedules; monitor employee planned versus actual time and performance; administer Owner and Consultant contracts; support studio leadership with staffing decisions.
What you will do
- Lead and manage projects, teams, and budgets.
- Develop and update project staffing plans and project schedules.
- Motivate and manage cross-office project teams.
- Develop and define deliverables, schedules, and fees.
- Monitor employee planned versus actual time and performance.
- Plan and facilitate/delegate internal and external communications.
- Responsible for day-to-day client relations and assisting project leadership and Principals-In-Charge.
- Administer Owner and Consultant contracts.
- Submit to and review with clients matters pertaining to budget and scope of services.
- Support Studio Leaders with staffing decisions and revenue projections.
- Support pursuit of new work.
What we look for
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing medium to large scale projects within a design firm, with a minimum of 10 total years of experience in the AEC industry. Prior experience with Higher Education projects preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and the design team.
- Demonstrated success leading and inspiring management, technical and design staff.
- Experience with fee creation and management.
- Experience with contract development and administration.
- Experience with project scheduling and staff management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management software proficiency (e.g. Office 365, Miro) Deltek Vantagepoint proficiency preferred.
- Project document software proficiency (e.g. Revit, Bluebeam) preferred
Benefits & Compensation
- National Compensation Range: $93,000 to $145,000 annually. Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensure/certification, and location of residence.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.