Senior Interior Designer | Urban Living Studio #ML00010
Live/Work – Urban Living
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking an Interior Designer for our Team. We are looking for motivated individuals who are committed to high quality design and who are experienced in multiple phases of design. The ideal candidate should have 15+ years of experience. Project types should include Multi-Family Housing and Senior Living.
Successful candidates will be responsible for work on multiple projects, collaborating on design, guiding/producing construction documentation, product sourcing, preparing presentations and specifications including FF&E.
Qualified applicants with healthcare experience should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing their experience.
What you will do
- Working in a team environment, always striving towards the common goal of a successful project.
- Concept development, Schematic development and Design development.
- Integrated role with project teams working with architects, and consultants.
- Technical plans and Construction documentation, utilizing Revit.
- An understanding of building and accessibility codes and guidelines.
- Assist in selection, research and specification of all Furniture, Fixtures, Equipment, and Finishes.
- Create and meet with clients for presentations and meetings.
- Problem solving independently and as part of a team.
- Work with junior staff to help guide/mentor/delegate.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Travel for on-site coordination meetings. (sometimes out of state travel is required).
What we look for
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from a college or university that is accredited by CIDA or an equivalent quality program.
- Work experience as an interior designer for a minimum of 15+ years.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to work within a team and communicate to clients.
- Have skills in creating and integrating 3-dimensional interior design with architectural elements.
- Collaborative Attitude.
- Experience in markets and building types listed above preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office applications, and preferred aptitude in Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch-Up.
- NCIDQ / CID a plus but not required.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.