Higher Education Leader
Culver City, CA
Grow – Studio Leadership
Cuningham Group, an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design firm with 8 offices around the world, seeks a Higher Education Leader to join our emerging team.
We are pleased to offer a key national and strategic leadership role within the company to further strengthen our Higher Education studio. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership and communications skills capable of expanding our design portfolio and network across several offices.
What you will do
- Business Development (50%)
- Higher Education focus, industry networking required.
- Work with the marketing / communications department to promote Cuningham Group to the industry.
- This positions primary focus is the successful generation of professional services measured by number and value of opportunities, resulting sales and revenue goals to be determined with candidate.
- Higher Education Studio Leadership (25%)
- Participate in strategic annual planning development.
- Participate in firm Discipline Groups.
- Assist Market Group Leader in coordinating staffing.
- Specific Project Leadership (25%)
- Lead, guide and manage project teams and budgets.
- Develop strategic project planning.
- Deliver profitable projects as defined by firm.
- Oversee client care and retention for key higher education projects.
What we look for
- Must hold a current architectural registration.
- Should have 20 or more years experience working in higher education, development based and/or build to suit projects in a project management and business development capacity.
- Must possess exceptional relationship management skills including the ability to develop and strengthen partnerships with others internally and externally.
- Must have demonstrated visionary strategic thinking in an entrepreneurial environment including the ability to successfully support, promote, and ensure alignment with the organization's vision and core values.
- Must possess the capability to influence and inspire by gaining others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Should have reputation of demonstrated ability to effectively lead project teams and guide client group efforts including providing appropriate level of feedback and managing individual progress.
- Must have a proficiency with Bluebeam, Presentation Software and Deltek Vision.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.