Interior Designer |#ML00103
Culver City, CA /
Live – Studio /
As an Interior Designer II at Cuningham, you will join a welcoming team that embraces advanced technologies and flexible work environments. Join us as we design solutions that are insightful, well-coordinated, and uniquely fitted to their place and purpose.
This role requires a high level of innovative ideas, problem-solving, and three-dimensional thinking. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading interior design efforts on multiple projects including collaborating on design with a multi-disciplinary team, preparing presentations, selecting and specifying materials and FF&E, creating construction documents, coordinating with consultants and contractors, developing graphics, and communicating with clients.
This is a great opportunity to regularly ‘think outside of the box’, working with owners, developers, and contractors who trust us to explore innovative design solutions that address their unique design challenges. Boundless opportunity to collaborate with an exceptional group of design and construction professionals. This is a job opportunity that is truly about forging lasting relationships and continued collaboration with clients and teams who appreciate imaginative work and a commitment to great design.
What you will do
- Lead the design process, in collaboration with senior design leaders, through all phases, including programming, design development, documentation, and construction administration.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Integrate sustainable design approaches and emerging practices related to regenerative design into design solutions.
- Engage junior staff to meet design, documentation, and regenerative goals.
- Create, manage and present design presentations consistent with the Cuningham brand.
- Research, select, and specify furnishings, fixtures, equipment, finishes and lighting that meet both client and company-based design and performance goals.
- Communicate design intent for custom design features and coordinate from early ideation through sampling/mock-ups and final install.
- Utilize Revit to prepare construction documents including technical plans, finish plans, elevations, and details.
- Coordinate specifications and demonstrate a complete understanding of a drawing set and project deliverables.
- Establish relationships with clients, user groups, consultants and contractors and coordinate work requests as appropriate.
- Able to travel periodically for local and regional projects.
- Collaborate with team members in multiple office locations.
What we look for
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design with NCIDQ certification preferred.
- 4+ years of interior design experience required.
- Experience with multi-family housing projects required.
- High proficiency and experience using Revit required.
- Previous experience assembling construction documents required.
- Fast idea generator who embraces change.
- Broad materials understanding and installation experience and knowledge.
- Furniture selection and specification knowledge and ability to coordinate with vendors.
- A team player who has successfully managed a small team of designers.
- Exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Exceptional graphic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience in Sketch Up, Enscape, Lumion, Rhino or other modeling programs a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation Range: $56,000 to $97,000 annually. Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensure/certification, and location of residence.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.