Medical Planner | #ML00006
Culver City, CA
Heal – Healthcare
Cuningham Group is seeking a Medical Planner to join our HEAL Studio. The Medical Planner will play a key role in helping build our healthcare business through project leadership and client management. The Medical Planner shall be responsible for leading the medical planning effort toward the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities; provide overall programming, master planning, design and medical planning; communicate with clients/user groups to understand project requirements; represent the firm nationally as a technical expert.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio. Benefits and salaries are competitive. Cuningham Group is an equal opportunity employer.
What You Will Do
- Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
- Participate in and lead user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies.
- Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
- Ensures project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
- Develops architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
- Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
- Supervises and mentors other team members in conjunction with project managers.
- Participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
- Assists in the design development, modification and/or review of medical planning concepts and solutions.
- Coordinate with various consultants to implement medical planning
What We Look For
- Graduate from an accredited Architecture or Design School.
- Minimum of ten years of healthcare planning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and the design team.
- Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
- Demonstrated success leading and inspiring technical and design staff.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence.
- REVIT Experience
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.