Senior Architectural Designer
Culver City, CA
Live/Work – Urban Living
Cuningham Group is an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world. We exist to Uplift the Human Experience. It is what gets us up every day and is our reason for being. This simple statement embodies our passion for design and its impact on our clients, communities, and the world.
Cuningham Group is seeking a Senior Architectural Designer who will thrive as a part of a creative team in the Culver City office in our Urban Living studio. Candidates should have seven to twelve years of strong design experience with a focus on multifamily residential and mixed-use project types. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team leader, highly motivated, and ready to join our team and contribute to the success of the firm.
This position is about design. At Cuningham Group, our ability to deliver design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative people, curious to learn and eager to grow professionally within a highly collaborative team environment. That’s you.
While you have demonstrated success and experience working through all aspects and phases of building design and construction, you will be expected to focus on design. You are comfortable sharing and presenting design concepts, to team members, clients and contractors. You are committed to design innovation, technical craft, and environmental stewardship. You will be challenged to invite our clients and consultants into the creative process. You have a track record of achievement along with a healthy sense of humor. You care about making a difference in the community and uplifting the human experience by design.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop a thorough understanding of and contribute to the firm’s design philosophy.
- Contribute to the advancement of an intelligent, forward thinking body of work – within the urban living realm.
- Responsible for design execution of multi-family, mixed use and urban hospitality projects working with Project Principal, Project Manager, and Project Architect.
- Understand and engage the challenge of developer driven projects, expectations, and timelines.
- Provide clear team leadership / guidance in developing design concepts and communicate design direction articulately and concisely to both the project team and the client.
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Delegate work in a timely and constructive manner.
- Guide project vision and ensure detailing, finishes, and materials all align with project vision and are able to be accurately interpreted in documents and implemented in construction.
- Engage and be-open to progressive design delivery, construction system innovations, and market issues that will impact our work and our clients’ ability to succeed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidates must be highly motivated, have strong aptitude for design, conceptual design / idea origination, problem-solving, visual representation skills, and experience with creative direction.
- Great interpersonal communication skills - establish and maintain ongoing, productive client and team relationships.
- Candidate who have working knowledge of zoning and building codes, multi-family development standards, and trends.
- Senior Designers must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Familiarity working with various tools and medium and ability to guide, prepare and develop design presentations, and visualizations.
- Proficiency in Revit, Enscape, and Adobe Suite desired. Skills in other 3-d modeling / parametric / animation /video software a plus.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.