Support Services – Accounting
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Project Accountant who excels in a fast-paced environment and wants to work as part of an accounting team based in Minneapolis. The Project Accountant will be responsible for the billing process for several firm-wide projects and effectively communicating with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing. We are seeking a team player who has experience working with accounting software packages, preferably Deltek Vision.
What you will do
- Communicate with project managers regarding project contract changes, fee consumption, and project invoicing.
- Prepare draft invoices for PM review.
- Submit finalized invoices with supporting documentation to clients for payment.
- Review and enter consultant invoices into Deltek Vision.
- Release payments to consultants upon client payment.
- Maintain project revenue recognition.
- Research discrepancies within projects including contract inaccuracies, consultant invoicing differences, and labor rate variances.
- Monitor accounts receivable to ensure timely client payment
- Recommend and implement agreed upon billing cycle process improvements.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Assist with month-end financial statement preparation and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with annual audit preparations / request.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or commensurate experience.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills required and experience with accounting software, Deltek Vision preferred.
- 1-2 years of accounting experience, preferably in billing and receivables. Experience in an A/E environment preferred.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Self starter, ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report as necessary.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment preferred.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.