Designer II | #ML00101
San Diego, CA /
Heal – Studio /
As a Designer II at Cuningham, you will join a welcoming team that embraces advanced technologies and flexible work environments. Join us as we design solutions that are insightful, well-coordinated, and uniquely fitted to their place and purpose.
This position will work with interdisciplinary teams across the U.S. to support multiple markets and the firm’s goals of creating a healthy world. This role will be responsible for performing a variety of assignments in all aspects of architectural design from project conception to construction completion. They will demonstrate sound knowledge of architectural principles and practices, taking initiative in contributing to both the design and documentation. Prepare and develop design concepts and studies as well as preparing design presentation materials.
What you will do
- Work closely with project leaders and project team members to deliver fully coordinated construction documents through a collaborative team-based approach.
- Be committed to design innovation, technical craft, and environmental stewardship.
- Perform any task required for the successful execution of a project design including design development, client presentations, design documentation, and architectural detailing.
- Share and present design concepts to team members, clients, and contractors.
- Be focused on project goals and bringing the project design concept to fruition.
- Work hard, have fun, challenge yourself, and challenge others.
What we look for
- An accredited professional architecture degree (bachelors or masters).
- 4+ years' experience, working in an Architecture firm.
- Interest in (experience with) Healthcare design is preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit and Office 365 required. Skills in other software such as Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. are ideal.
- Strong architectural technical and documentation skills.
- Strong graphic design and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- General knowledge of building and zoning codes.
- LEED accreditation or other green building experience/wellness certification is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation Range: $55,000 - 95,000 annually. Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensure/certification, and location of residence.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.