Engineering Manager, Platform and Infrastructure (Remote)
Engineering – Platform and Infrastructure /
Our mission at Curai is to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all. We are fulfilling this audacious mission by building a scalable virtual-first primary care service that provides patients with high-quality care anytime, anywhere, from any device, at a very affordable price, by blending high-touch clinical care and artificial intelligence.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States.
Engineering Management at Curai
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Platform and Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for our backend services and corresponding service mesh, our medical data platform, our cloud infrastructure and deployment pipelines, our medical knowledge base, privacy and security engineering, as well as any backend-heavy work in direct support of our product engineering team. As the head of this team, you will lead, retain, mentor, and grow a group of primarily backend and infrastructure engineers with strong technical skills and a common passion to make a positive impact in the lives of millions of people. You will collaborate with industry leaders in engineering, healthcare, and machine learning to deliver on our mission of revolutionizing care delivery and quality. You will help shape our technology roadmap to develop our stack (currently based on AWS, React, Python, FastAPI microservices, Docker, and Terraform) and Curai’s core engineering processes (design and code reviews, sprint and project planning, CI / CD, QA, A/B testing, etc).
Who You Are
None of these individually are hard requirements, but they do describe the type of folks that we think would be most effective and happy at Curai. You...
• Have a strong orientation to Curai’s mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to all.
• Have worked remotely before, or have a strong feeling that you'd work well with a 100% remote team, spread across multiple time zones (mostly US, but also Europe, and Asia).
• Love tackling complex problems that span multiple systems.
• Are excited to try things out to validate new features, and move on if they no longer solve a problem.
• Are able to work effectively with others. You will be working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, and data scientists to build product features and high-quality products.
• Have demonstrated feature development ownership; you can lead by example and enjoy mentoring and inspiring other engineers.
• Value breadth of knowledge as much as specialization.
• Have informed opinions that you hold lightly.
• Are excited about getting on the speeding train that is a growing startup.
• Enjoy thinking through trade-offs, with both mindfulness of near-term needs and Curai’s long-term strategy.
• Embrace writing concise documentation so that onboarding new team members is simple and we reduce siloed domain expertise by individuals.
• Have acted as a tech lead or have been in a similar, formal management role on an engineering team.
What You'll Do
A day in the life of a Curai engineering manager is spent doing things like:
• Leading, retaining, growing, mentoring, and hiring exceptional engineers with diverse backgrounds.
• Providing technical leadership, via strategic vision, mentorship, and direction, to help the platform and infrastructure team deliver on its goals.
• Collaborating with doctors, engineers, product managers, and researchers to continue to drive our platform forward.
• Flexing your project management skills to drive work across the stack to completion, with high-quality results, and at startup speed.
• Working with other leaders at the company to grow the team and shape processes and culture.
What You'll Need
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you. You should have:
• 2+ years of engineering management experience.
• Experience in leading platform engineering teams.
• Previous hands-on experience with common backend and / or infrastructure technologies, such as Python, FastAPI, Flask, Ruby / Rails, Spring, Docker, AWS, Terraform, etc.
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, diverse, and multidisciplinary work environment
The annual base salary range for this position is between $185,000 - $225,000. Stock grants also play a key part in any offer, they increase your overall compensation package significantly based on company success. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to embodying our values, collaborating closely, and driving performance
Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours, and remote working options
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and paid parental leave
Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.