Clinical Innovation Researcher
Clinical – Clinical Innovation /
Curai Health is an AI-powered virtual clinic on a mission to improve access to care at scale. As the pioneer in deploying machine learning into clinical workflows, Curai Health enables its dedicated, specially trained clinicians to deliver primary care to more people at a fraction of the cost. Easy-to-use and convenient, Curai Health partners with insurers and health systems to keep patients engaged in their care over time, improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States. Our corporate office is located in San Francisco.
Clinical Resarch at Curai
We seek a clinical expert with deep interest and fluency in AI to join our AI team. Our team is responsible for Curai’s AI/automation technology, which is scalable and generalizable to the patient population. Your work will have a tremendous direct impact on the provider and patient-facing AI-augmented applications hence providing low-friction, high-quality care to patients of Curai Health.
Who You Are
• Are a self-starter and have a growth mindset.
• Are Passionate about providing empathetic personalized patient care at scale.
• Enjoy tackling complex problems in a scientific and data-driven way.
• Are collaborative and appreciate working with people with diverse expertise.
• Value breadth of knowledge as much as specialization.
• Enjoy thinking through trade-offs with mindfulness of near-term needs and Curai’s long-term strategy.
• Love tackling complex problems that span multiple systems.
What You'll Do
• Have a huge impact by influencing the company's direction and the ultimate goal of high-quality hybrid ML-practitioner primary care.
• Translate best practices in healthcare delivery to clinical logic, with the goal of the Quadruple Aim
• Advance implementation of state-of-the-art AI technology into primary care clinical workflows by contributing to product-focused applications and spearheading clinical research-focused publications in top-tier journals.
• Collaborate with machine learning, design, and engineering experts to continue to advance product and research goals.
What You'll Need
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you. You should have/be:
• An MD/DO with excellent clinical acumen and 3+ years of clinical experience after residency in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Family Medicine.
• Demonstrated experience in developing or evaluating AI solutions.
• Excited by recent advancements in AI, such as generative AI /large language models (LLMs), and possibly have honed your skills in using LLMs to perform tasks.
• Demonstrated experience in the design and execution of clinical / science research
• Demonstrated experience with clinical studies and working with institutional review boards (IRB), state medical boards, and/or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
• Experience in software development and implementation.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills using all available modalities that can be effective at all levels across the organization.
• Strong communication skills: This role involves collaboration with people with experience in product, engineering, and machine learning. Understanding the audience's mental models and communicating ideas crisply to diverse stakeholders will be vital to the role.
The annual base salary range for this position is between $200,000 and $250,000. Stock grants also play a key part in any offer, they increase your overall compensation package significantly based on company success. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
• Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to living our values, collaborating and driving performance
• Pay: Competitive compensation and stock
• Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and remote working options
• Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and and paid parental leave
• Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high tech companies, AI researchers, practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds.. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for teammates that are mission-driven, embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.