Senior Software Engineer, Product (Remote)
San Francisco - OR - Remote /
Tech – Product Engineering /
Full Time Employee - Exempt
One of the greatest rewards for an engineer is creating something that is useful and helpful to as many people as possible, and if it happens to look awesome, that's even better. If you're passionate about developing sleek and user-friendly applications that have a direct impact on the well being of others, Curology's product engineering team is where you should be. We're continuously discovering new ways to connect people to effective and affordable skincare. See what we're all about on Instagram or Twitter.
Why this role?
Create applications that have real impact. We're growing quickly and want to continue to enable that growth. We are building and enhancing the provider/patient experience to connect our existing and new products to those who need it.
Work on interesting projects and develop diverse skills. The Product Engineering team is a large part of the organization. We collaborate closely with marketing and product management to drive the user experience. We have countless tools at our disposal as efficiency allows us to bring impactful change and addition to our users often. We're not just using some of the latest technologies, we're also developing it.
Impact business with each feature you build. We've tripled our business in the last year and we aren't planning on slowing down any time soon. The projects you build will continue to enable that growth and continue to accelerate us. This is an opportunity to have an out-sized impact on Curology.
Grow with a team that values culture and empathy. We have a great community of super intelligent and fun people that truly care about each other. We have woven empathy into our core values and how we do things by placing an emphasis on learning, development and making sure that people feel heard, supported and respected.
We want to make effective skincare accessible to everyone.
Humans want to feel confident in their own skin, but it's not easy to see a dermatologist. Curology is revolutionizing dermatology by making effective skincare accessible to everyone. We're part healthtech startup, part skincare lab — and completely focused on helping hundreds of thousands of people get medical care previously available to only a tiny percentage of the population.
What will you do as a Software Engineer, Product at Curology?
- You'll help build and extend applications used by patients and providers as well as our internal stakeholders. We're constantly improving on our interfaces that scale with our product line.
- You'll be able to utilize a modern stack to build and deploy to production quickly as part of a powerful Shape Up team.
- You'll work with engineers, who are just as excited as you are, to bring amazing tools to our users, that will have a large impact on the business and quality of care to our patients.
- You'll work with teams like Marketing, Product Management, Infrastructure and Data Platform to discover opportunities for programatic efficiency. You'll also be developing diverse skills in these fields while you're at it.
- You'll work on initiatives to keep our system elegant and productivity high — such as improving our metrics, analytics, and experimental infrastructure.
You might be a good fit if you have some of the following:
- Humble, adaptable and growth-minded, quick to take ownership of your work
- 4+ years of experience working in a full-stack engineering role
- React, Vue, Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Django and/or Node
- Cloud infrastructures and the various systems within them: AWS (S3, Lambda, Elasticsearch)
- Architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application, such as well-designed APIs and database schemas
- Software design patterns such as MVC, Observer and/or Decorator
- Automated testing, continuous integration, and other elements of modern web engineering workflow
- Desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and operations
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Passion for improving yourself through learning and giving back to the team around you through knowledge sharing
What you'll love about Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free catered daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.