Software Engineer, Product
San Francisco - Sacramento St.
Tech – Product Engineering
Full Time Employee - Exempt
Hi there! We’re Curology, a fast-growing company on a mission to help everyone feel at home in their skin. Because great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life. We make prescription skincare affordable and accessible online—matching each member with a dermatology provider who creates a custom prescription for their unique needs. We're part telemedicine startup, part skincare lab, and we’re completely focused on helping hundreds of thousands of people access expert care previously available to only a tiny percentage of the population. Check us out on Instagram or Facebook, and learn more about what it's like to work at Curology by reading our Careers Page!
The product engineering team at Curology plays a large part in our organization as we develop patient-facing applications as well as internal tools that allow scale. You'll be optimizing, building out new features and refining existing interactions to push forward our mission in making effective skincare a reality online.
What you'll do
- Develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Develop and refine our application architecture and tech stack
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security of our systems
- Make effective skincare accessible to everyone by solving challenging engineering and business problems
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience working in a full-stack, frontend or backend software engineering role
- Experience in any of the following: React, Vue, Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Django, Node
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application, such as well-designed APIs and database schemas
- Experience working with automated testing, continuous integration, and other elements of modern web engineering workflow
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and operations
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Humble, adaptable and growth-minded, quick to take ownership of your work
What you'll love about Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment, leading to almost no turnover since the Company’s founding in 2014.
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Free catered daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.