Director, Data Analytics
Remote or San Francisco, California /
Commercial – Commercial /
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
The Director, Data Analytics is a strategic leader responsible for building a high performing Data Analytics function to enable Marketing & Product functions and drive revenue growth for the business. The ideal candidate will be an infectiously curious leader with a solid background in data analytics. Adept at steering the strategic direction of our data initiatives and providing actionable insights to fuel business growth. This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and oversee a team of 4-5.
- Lead a team of embedded analysts across marketing and product management, ensuring strategic alignment and rapid executional excellence.
- Design and apply advanced analytical techniques to address business challenges, such as customer acquisition, virality, and maximizing lifetime value.
- Analyze business performance and trends, providing weekly actionable insights and root-cause analysis for rapid decision-making across commercial verticals.
- Collaborate with Commercial leaders and Finance for annual and quarterly planning, utilizing consumer engagement data and business insights.
- Establish a strong experimentation culture and processes across analytics and product management teams.
- Develop and implement advanced analytics models, including predictive propensity and marketing attribution models, to drive revenue and informed decision-making.
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to design and maintain scalable data pipelines, ETL processes, and data warehousing solutions.
- Implement data governance, quality, and security best practices to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain performance metrics, KPIs, and experiment results for regular reporting and analysis to stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Stay current with new technologies, methods, and industry trends to maintain the company's data-driven innovation edge.
- Exhibit leadership by personally carrying out advanced data analysis, pinpointing data quality concerns, and discovering significant insights.
- Act as a thought leader and advocate for data-driven decision-making, analytics, and experimentation across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field; Master's degree or higher preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in data analytics, experimentation, or a related field, with a track record of success in driving data-driven decision-making.
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role, managing and developing high performing analytics teams.
- Experience in a B2C technology company with a dynamic, fast-paced setting is required; start-up experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and experimental design.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with modern data processing frameworks and tools (e.g., Python, R, Tableau, Power BI, Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms and data warehousing solutions (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery).
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present complex data and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Inquisitive by nature, you relentlessly pursue understanding the "why" and are genuinely enthusiastic about uncovering new insights and developing advanced analytics models.
- Working leader mentality - you are equally comfortable driving strategic discussions and roll-up your sleeves to conduct analysis yourself
Why you'll love working at Curology:
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Attractive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings
Physical characteristics of work environment:
- Office-based work environment, remotely
- Typing and computer usage throughout the day
- 9-5 business hours M-F
- Must lift and carry a minimum of 15 lbs
- No travel requirements
$175,000 - $245,000 a year
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded #3 for 2021 Best Workplaces in the Bay Area and 2021 Forbes #4 Best Startup Employers, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer eCommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider. We collaborate to achieve our goals and strive to embody our core values: Accountability, Team First & Inclusivity.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities for employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.