Head of Product
Tech – Product Management
Join us on the tech team of a fast-growing, product-driven startup that's making effective skincare accessible to everyone.
We believe great products don’t make you choose between utility and delight. Yet skincare is riddled with these choices. Curology challenges this status quo by giving everyone access to real prescription dermatology that's easy and personalized. To achieve our vision, we're looking for a remarkable leader to grow our product team and help us plan and execute our product strategy.
Why this role?
- Lead product management at a fast-growing startup. You'll report directly to our CTO and Co-Founder and work hand-in-hand with our Director of Product Engineering and Creative Director of Product to develop and execute our product vision and strategy.
- Full ownership over a broad range of impactful problems. In the medical space, it's common to outsource the hardest product problems—things like patient-provider communication, medical licensing and pharmacy operations. Not true here: we build all core functionality in-house on a modern web stack (we're 100% React!), allowing us to deliver on our mission of making effective skincare accessible to everyone.
- Build a product that's both loved and needed. People want to feel confident in their own skin, but few have access to truly effective skincare. In solving this problem, we have the opportunity to create the most trusted brand in skincare.
- Work with a talented and passionate team. Our small team of engineers, designers and product managers has achieved outsize results by maintaining a high bar for ownership and product quality.
- Join us at a magical time. We're growing fast and have excellent unit economics, which gives us a great foundation to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow.
What will you do as Head of Product at Curology?
- Build and mentor a brilliant team with a high sense of ownership. Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values of team-first attitude, humility and getting stuff done.
- Plan and execute our product strategy. Collaborate with our CTO and design and engineering teams to help shape the future of our product.
- Write compelling strategy documents that carve a path forward for our product and business, and guide product managers in writing clear and impactful project pitches that implement these strategies.
- Deeply understand our customers and how they use Curology. What problems do they encounter? What opportunities do we have for improving their experience?
- Work with exceptional engineers and designers to build great products with modern tools—we're huge fans of React and Figma and deploy multiple times daily.
- Optimize our product management process to maximize impact.
You may be a good fit if...
- You have led the delivery of ambitious company-wide product initiatives from kick-off to ship.
- You're not satisfied with just delivering on time—you are discerning about product quality and obsessed with product impact.
- You're a creative product thinker adept at solving complex problems with engineers and designers.
- You value clear, compelling writing as the primary means of communicating complex and ambitious ideas.
- You're thoughtful about product management as a discipline and growing the careers of other product managers.
- You love building high-performance teams and will do whatever it takes to make your team and product successful.
- You are able to own communication and maintain cross-functional relationships with stakeholders and teams around the company.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
You'll love working at Curology because...
- Amazing team culture and environment, leading to almost no turnover since the Company’s founding in 2014.
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Free catered daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings.
We want to make effective skincare accessible to everyone.
Humans want to feel confident in their own skin, but it's not easy to see a dermatologist. Curology is revolutionizing dermatology by making effective skincare accessible to everyone. We're part healthtech startup, part skincare lab — and completely focused on helping hundreds of thousands of people get medical care previously available to only a tiny percentage of the population.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.