Revenue Operations – Collections
Currency is dedicated to disrupting e-commerce by designing financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers. Based on the West Coast, we are one of the fastest growing fintech firms thanks largely to our vision and our diverse, collaborative, and talented teams. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals looking to innovate and disrupt the fintech industry and have some fun doing it.
Currency is seeking a Bankruptcy/Litigation Specialist. You have experience in collections and legal specifically around bankruptcy. You have strong knowledge of bankruptcy laws and have supported litigation. You are process oriented, have a take charge persona, and work well cross functionally. You will review collection accounts in all aspects of bankruptcy and litigation management, including proofs of claims, communication with bankruptcy and collections counsel, file management, calendar management, litigation support and reporting, and other duties related to commercial collection accounts, as well as, responsibility for determining post judgment remedies, monitoring and renewing garnishments.
Our Collections team is committed to treating every customer with respect. We strive to provide customers with a professional and comfortable experience as we collect funds. We provide excellent service in helping business owners retain their assets and maintain payments. The many different facets we conquer include delinquency, residuals, write-offs, legal accounts, repossessions and equipment sales.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- File management, including collection litigation files, judgment files, bankruptcy files and other miscellaneous files
- Calendaring of deadlines
- Written and telephonic correspondence with defendants’, debtors’, outside counsel and bankruptcy counsel
- Preparation and drafting documents necessary for litigation and judgment execution
- Builds, organizes, and maintains legal databases and case files
- Use of PACER, preparation and filing bankruptcy filings, due dates, preparing claims and monitoring pending bankruptcy cases
- Assisting in preparing reports required of the department
- Learning applicable procedural requirements for litigation, discovery and judgment execution in California and nationwide
- Makes decisions to negotiate settlements within delegated operational areas and manages post charge-off recovery
- Proofreads and edits legal forms and documents for accuracy
- Reviews and monitors new and updated laws and regulations
- Coordinates law office activities including subpoena delivery
- Two to three years of collections and legal experience with reasonable knowledge of collection practices, bankruptcy laws and regulations
- A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course in paralegal studies preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be professional, courteous, and have ability to work with multiple departments
- Working knowledge of legal principles, practices, terminology, and research techniques
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills along with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in commercial and/or auto bankruptcy and litigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Law or applicable degree
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
Flexible paid time off
Casual dress code
Office happy hours and wellness events
Generous paid parental leave
As a result, our employees are excited to come to work to grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!