Technical Project Manager
Los Angeles, California
Engineering – Product
Currency is dedicated to disrupting e-commerce by designing financial technology that unlocks the free flow of capital and opportunity for our customers through our revolutionary POS platform. Based on the West Coast, we are one of the fastest growing fintech firms thanks largely to our vision and our diverse, collaborative, and talented teams. We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals looking to innovate and disrupt the fintech industry and have some fun doing it.
Since the typical project has a longer life cycle, you will handle all the complex aspects of the project; these aspects may be subject to constant change to accommodate market macro-economic conditions that directly affect implementation costs, market viability, and the organization’s potential profit or loss on the project, as well as being responsive to partner needs and the demands of key internal stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate project schedules, goals and milestones and project deadlines.
- Create technical documentation as needed and report on progress of project.
- Leverage internal tools to help provide visibility into project status and progress.
- Adhere to budgets and keep projects on track for successful completion within specification.
- Manage the Agile Scrum process for key technical projects and ensure any blockers identified by Project or Engineering are quickly identified and managed by the business.
- Responsible for clearly defining and quantifying each step, as well as establishing concrete deadlines for each project milestone and getting executive acceptance of key deliverables.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to anticipate problems and to find resolutions before that problem can derail a major milestone or deliverable.
- Experience managing projects across a technology and product team, extensive experience or formal certification in Agile Scrum or Kanban methodology, or a degree in computer sciences or a related engineering field.
- Able to demonstrate a keen understanding of the fundamentals of project management, knowledge of the terminology, and processes of effective project management.
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness to manage to deadlines, provide comprehensive updates to key business leaders, identify blockers to progress, and help manage vendors, partners and internal resources to ensure project milestones.
- Excellent communications skills - they will inherently help mediate disputes and help act as an ongoing mediator between key stakeholders with competing priorities, as well as resolve scheduling and asset utilization conflicts across the organization.
- Experienced in executing to completion large scaled projects
- Product Management experience is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
- PMP or CSM, but having both is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Engineering background (whether it’s a degree or job experience)
- Preference to those familiar with the SDLC, but other industries are okay
Perks and Benefits:
We have created a company culture complete with:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Casual dress code
- Office happy hours
- Team sports
- Trips to Las Vegas, Palm Springs, etc...
- And not to mention, a great compensation structure. As a result, our employees are excited to come to work in the morning and grow personally, financially, and professionally.
Check us out on LinkedIn!