Ventura, CA /
Technology – Engineering /
Who are we?
We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. Employees work out of our office in Ventura, CA, but the majority of our fast-growing start-up operates remotely, with over 100 employees spread across the United States. We're solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction industry. We imagine a world of efficient construction sites resulting in a net win for the entire world. Find out more at curri.com.
About the role:
At Curri, Software Engineers are responsible for a broad range of technologies that deliver value to our users. They work across multiple levels of our tech stack and are constantly innovating and improving deliveries for Curri customers. Engineers at Curri are passionate, curious, technically competent, energized by building and attuned to stakeholders’ needs. We engage in advanced optimizations such as automated generation of efficient routes for all deliveries.
- Contribute to all layers of our tech stack and know how to continuously improve our daily work.
- Build solutions that provide the best customer experience for our end users along with solutions that make the life of other developers easier.
- Take product requirements, scope out the work and come up with technical solutions and build out scalable software for automating Curri’s logistics platform.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- 4+ Years experience building or a willingness to learn full stack software within our technology stack (Typescript, Node.js, React, React Native, Postgres, Redis)
- Experience owning their product end-to-end
- Experience working at a fast past start-up
- Experience with software tools (datadog, sentry, Jira, Linear, logging tools)
- Thrive with agency; given a business problem and freedom to tackle it you can find a practical solution
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Curri changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Strong aptitude with software development best-practices and how they might apply (or not apply) to the current state of Curri
- Bonus points if you’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
What is in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a dynamic and successful start-up on a diverse team where you can make a huge impact by doing meaningful work.
- Significant and meaningful responsibilities from Day 1. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- Work in a remote environment with a flexible schedule. We don’t micromanage and want to help you do great work.
- There is no work/life—there is only life and want your time at Curri to be life-giving and foster the best version of you. We care about family and your own personal development and don't expect you to be always engaged with work.
- We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401K, and an equity compensation grant.