Social Media Marketing Intern
Why We Started Curtsy
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we're still a fairly lean team.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We're focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
Want to know more? Get to know us even better by reading about Curtsy's values on our blog.
About The Role
We're hiring a Social Media Marketing Intern to help us with community management and content creation on social, as well as to scale our overall marketing efforts at Curtsy.
As an early member of the team you'll have extraordinary autonomy and ability to contribute across marketing and product efforts. If you have ambitions to expand your career in marketing or be a part of a fast-growing team, we think you’ll be a great fit.
What You'll Do
- Reply to direct messages from the Curtsy Community
- Facilitate community engagement on social media
- Help to source user generated content
- Build and maintain relationships with our users
- General upkeep of our social accounts & community Facebook group
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends across social, especially TikTok and Instagram
- Aid in the creation of Curated by Curtsy Collections
- Contribute to team brainstorms and social channel campaign ideation
- Collaborate closely with existing omni-channel content creators and key members of the marketing team
What You'll Need
- Experience in marketing or social media content preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- A customer-first approach and great communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create impactful content that resonates with our target audience
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong understanding of fashion trends
- Passion for sustainability
- Knowledge of social media trends on Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok
What You'll Get
- Hourly compensation
- Monthly Curtsy Credit
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge in social media marketing, fashion, and tech
- Work with a growing team in a startup environment
- Insider info to see what we're working on next
- Chats with founding team + Curtsy HQ
Commitment to Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.