Engineering Manager (Remote)
Cheyenne, WY /
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide meaningful API capabilities to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank, and we are building toward our launch as a US dollar clearing bank that provides custody services for bitcoin and other digital assets. Our flagship product will be a bank-issued digital dollar, allowing for faster, cheaper, and programmable U.S. dollar transactions. Our founders have deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services. If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the engineering team on a daily basis
- Maintaining and updating the engineering roadmap and sprint schedule
- Overall system architecture, both its development and maintenance
- Hands-on management and development of source code and software systems
- Code review
- Release management, monitoring, deploymentsAttracting, developing and retaining a high-performance software engineering team
- Weekly or as-needed one-on-ones with the engineering team
- Participating in technical discussions with engineers and other business stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and debugging, ticketing, backlog pruning, etc.
- Broadly, the role is about building and delivering the products and services necessary to accomplish the company mission.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record of developing and deploying software products to markets.
- Extensive experience developing scalable software applications in an online SaaS environment, ideally using our software stack but if not then ideally having experience in multiple different stacks.
- Strong background in hands-on architecture, design, and software development.
- Successfully led and managed engineering teams; exhibits strong people management skills.
- Proven success at building highly engaged, result-driven engineering teams
- Remote work experience, as we run a remote and distributed engineering team
- Strong interest in cryptocurrencies and digital assets
- Well developed sense of craftsmanship and security
- Background in application security engineering, reverse engineering, intrusion detection, cryptanalysis, applied cryptography, etc.
Bonus if you have experience with:
- CI/CD pipelines
- bitcoin or other relevant cryptocurrency knowledge
Our Engineering team includes:
- A remotely distributed team with a strong communication and planning process
- Digital asset developers, including Bitcoin Core contributors
- Financial Exchange developers, including derivatives markets platform developers
- UX developers, including former GoDaddy design system lead