Engineering Manager (Remote)
Cheyenne, WY /
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide a responsive, online interface to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank and is building digital asset products alongside its US dollar payment offering, including custody and settlement services. The Custodia team is comprised of all-stars with deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the engineering team on a daily basis
- Maintaining and updating the engineering roadmap and sprint schedule
- Overall system architecture, both its development and maintenance
- Hands-on management and development of source code and software systems
- Code review
- Release management, monitoring, deploymentsAttracting, developing and retaining a high-performance software engineering team
- Weekly or as-needed one-on-ones with the engineering team
- Participating in technical discussions with engineers and other business stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and debugging, ticketing, backlog pruning, etc.
- Broadly, the role is about building and delivering the products and services necessary to accomplish the company mission.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record of developing and deploying software products to markets.
- Extensive experience developing scalable software applications in an online SaaS environment, ideally using our software stack but if not then ideally having experience in multiple different stacks.
- Strong background in hands-on architecture, design, and software development.
- Successfully led and managed engineering teams; exhibits strong people management skills.
- Proven success at building highly engaged, result-driven engineering teams
- Remote work experience, as we run a remote and distributed engineering team
- Strong interest in cryptocurrencies and digital assets
- Well developed sense of craftsmanship and security
- Background in application security engineering, reverse engineering, intrusion detection, cryptanalysis, applied cryptography, etc.
Bonus if you have experience with:
- CI/CD pipelines
- bitcoin or other relevant cryptocurrency knowledge
Our Engineering team includes:
- A remotely distributed team with a strong communication and planning process
- Digital asset developers, including Bitcoin Core contributors
- Financial Exchange developers, including derivatives markets platform developers
- UX developers, including former GoDaddy design system lead
Up to 180,000 DOE
Custodia embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.