Senior Backend Software Engineer (Remote)
We see a future where all banks will need to support digital assets and provide meaningful API capabilities to tech-savvy customers. Custodia is already a chartered bank, and we are building toward our launch as a US dollar clearing bank that provides custody services for bitcoin and other digital assets. Our flagship product will be a bank-issued digital dollar, allowing for faster, cheaper, and programmable U.S. dollar transactions. Our founders have deep experience in both bitcoin and traditional financial services. If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up.
If you expect more from existing banks, join our team and help build a better one, from the ground up. We are currently looking for a passionate and dynamic individual to join our organization as a Senior Backend Software Engineer.
We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace continuous learning and challenges. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be ready to jump in on Day One.
About Your Role:
- Design and implement software for the Python/Django backend
- Write reusable, testable, idiomatic, principled code
- Read and write technical documentation
- Quick and efficient debugging capabilities
- Assume technical responsibility of various complex systems
- Perform regular code review
- Provide mentorship for junior team members
- Autonomously break down ambiguous work and plot a course of action
- An advocate for more efficient, quick, and high quality code delivery
- Ability to grow less-experienced peers into formidable colleagues through pairing, code reviews, and empathetic coaching.
What You’ll Bring:
- Substantial experience with Python/Django/DRF (or, alternatively, extensive experience with SQLalchemy/Alembic can substitute for experience with django's ORM)
- Experience building multiple products (particularly backend web applications) with many/complex features.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote
- Competitive Equity Package
- Amazing Growth Opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Custodia embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.