Director of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by ForgePoint Capital (the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cyber security early stage investing), HSCM (premier insurance and insurtech investor) and Symantec Ventures.
We are looking for a seasoned technical leader to build, grow and lead part of an engineering team in SF. We believe that leaders should also be contributors. We are seeking a true leader that has the ability to guide, inspire, and advocate for your team and possess strong programming skills in JAVA, prior experience in building multi-tenant cloud offerings and passion for quality. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building and mentoring world-class engineering teams and driving improvements in technology and performance. As a Technical Director in the engineering team, you will play a critical hands-on role in providing strategic, architectural guidance and influence the development and realization of a technology vision across our cyber risk analytics platform and services.
- Lead in the engineering vision, artifacts and best practices for our Cloud based offerings.
- Lead and guide the design and architecture of the cyber risk analytics platform and services that are consumed by our customers.
- Attract and hire the world class talent and get them integrated with rest of the team across multiple sites.
- Collaborate with other technology architects and leads (both application and infrastructure) in influencing the modernization strategy for our platforms and provide guidance on Micro UI, Micro Service and Orchestration services.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Data scientist, Analytics and Support in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Be a hands on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Help Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards for our distributed services.
- Technical governance and design review.
- Team-building activities
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within the Cloud team and across the greater organization.
- 10+ years of software development experience with at least 3-5 years of leadership experience
- 3-5+ year of experience in building cloud technologies.
- 3-5 years of experience in building complex, resilient and highly scalable platform and services.
- Hands on experience with Azure or AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major Cloud providers.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB are preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering solutions that meet business needs.
- Technical professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development.
- Nice to haves:
- Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Prior experience on how data should be stored and processed more efficiently, reliably, and quickly at scale
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.