Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
San Francisco, CA /
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Hypergrowth startup that has raised over $50mm in capital from top tier VCs.
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to 100+people globally and growing 50% more in 2021).
4) Explosive client base growth path having tripled our clients in 2020.
5) Phenomenal company culture where we are committed to enabling you to do the best work of your career. Check out our perfect score on Glassdoor!
6) An incredible high performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
7) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. CyberRisk Solution of the Year 2021).
8) Openness and accessibility of senior leadership including heads of Functions and CEO.
The Senior Software Engineer for data platform will be responsible for designing and building high performance, scalable solutions for large volume data ingestion, clean-up, transformation, aggregation and correlation to meet the needs of cyber risk analytics. You’ll design, develop, and test robust, scalable microservices, data processing applications, and RESTful web services.
You will be responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting the team by facilitating assigned activities including the coordination of resources for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-
hoc or emergency requests. The Senior Software Engineer will maintain expertise of the functional software engineering.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5+ years core Java/Python/Scala experience: building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume data pipeline /ETL/ back-end applications
- Current experience using SQL/no SQL platforms, and Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch
- Current experience working with different data storage formats (parquet, AVRO, ORC etc.)
- Experience working with AWS data technologies (Glue/Athena/Sagemaker) is a must
- Current experience developing applications for public cloud (AWS)
- Experience with building and scaling systems that orchestrate and execute complex workflows in big-data pipelines
- Ability to work quickly with an eye towards writing clean code that is efficient and reusable
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile development process
- Ability to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple technologies to solve a problem
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
Nice to haves
- Prior experience on how data should be stored and processed more efficiently, reliably, and quickly at scale
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 401 (k), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.