Senior Software Engineer- Backend
San Francisco, CA /
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Hypergrowth startup that has raised over $50mm in capital from top tier VCs.
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to 100+people globally and growing 50% more in 2021).
4) Explosive client base growth path having tripled our clients in 2020.
5) Phenomenal company culture where we are committed to enabling you to do the best work of your career. Check out our perfect score on Glassdoor!
6) An incredible high performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
7) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. CyberRisk Solution of the Year 2021).
8) Openness and accessibility of senior leadership including heads of Functions and CEO.
CyberCube is looking for Senior Backend Engineer
Our Technology Stack:
Java, Python, Spring Boot framework
- Designing ecosystems for Web applications & API Platforms
- Building solutions to support performance, scaling, security, backup, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Development, programming, coding of complex and business-critical technology solutions.
- Design and build tools and libraries, constituting a shared stack for use across 5+ engineering teams
- Write unit/integration tests and document work.
- Evangelize and educate teams across engineering on best practices
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or related field of study preferred
- 5+ years of experience with data-driven web applications.
- 3+ years of experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS
- Hands-on programming experience in Java, Spring, multi-threading, REST, Data Caching Services, DB schema design, and data access technologies
- Strong foundation in object-oriented programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture and microservices
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, take proactive ownership of problems and outcomes, think outside the box
Nice to have
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing, and data modeling is a plus
- Previous experience working with ElasticSearch, Graph Databases
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.