Sr. Data Platform Engineer
Tallinn, Estonia /
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Exceptionally well-funded startup that has raised over $100MM of capital from top-tier investors that has no need for any additional capital in this current market environment
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to >100 people globally).
4) Explosive client base growth path with a >99% retention rate.
5) An incredibly diverse, collaborative, and high-performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
6) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. Cyber Risk Solution of the Year & Stress Scenario Software of the Year in 2023). We were recognized with 9 awards in 2022.
7) Senior leadership has a continuous commitment to team members doing the best work of their careers.
8) CyberCube is just a place where you can get things done!
9) Ranked #11 on Forbes America's Best Startup Employers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and pipeline architecture and data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading data from various sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Work with stakeholders, including the Executive, Product, Data, and Platform teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL and ElasticSearch, etc.,
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Athena
- Experience with visualization tools such as Grafana, QuickSight
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
Nice to Haves
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with data-driven applications and building platforms
- Experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.