Sr. Software Engineer - Front-End
San Francisco, CA /
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Hypergrowth startup that has raised over $50mm in capital from top tier VCs.
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to ~100 people globally)
4) Explosive client base growth path with 97% retention rate.
5) An incredibly diverse, collaborative and high performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
6) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. CyberRisk Solution of the Year 2021). We were recognized in 12 awards in 2021.
7) Openness and accessibility of senior leadership including heads of Functions and CEO.
8) CyberCube is just a place where you can get things done!
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and works.
- Develop functional and appealing web applications based on usability
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features
- Learn, collaborate, and teach other Frontend Engineers.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum team
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or related field of study preferred
- 3+ years of experience with web application development with a major framework such as React.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good knowledge and practical experience in client-side build/config management
- Solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
- Self-motivated, curious, creative, and passionate about technology.
Nice to Have Experience
- 3+ years of experience working with React
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with large datasets and visualization tools like D3, etc. to create beautiful visualizations
- Extensive knowledge of performance testing and front-end optimization principles and techniques
Why You'll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary and unlimited PTO
- Meaningful early-stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Monthly catered lunches and happy hours
- Company-paid learning and development assistance
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to participate in a secondment program
- Dependant care assistance plan
- Company-supported mentorship program
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.