Lead Data Platform Engineer
United States /
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Exceptionally well-funded startup that has raised over $100MM of capital from top-tier investors that has no need for any additional capital in this current market environment
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to >100 people globally).
4) Explosive client base growth path with a >99% retention rate.
5) An incredibly diverse, collaborative, and high-performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
6) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. Cyber Risk Solution of the Year & Stress Scenario Software of the Year in 2023). We were recognized with 9 awards in 2022.
7) Senior leadership has a continuous commitment to team members doing the best work of their careers.
8) CyberCube is just a place where you can get things done!
9) Ranked #11 on Forbes America's Best Startup Employers.
THIS ROLE IS FULLY REMOTE IN THE UNITED STATES
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and pipeline architecture and data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced lead engineer who enjoys architecting, and optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. The Lead Data Engineer will support product managers, application teams, architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Drive the overall architecture required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading data from various sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into technical epics and stories
- Work with stakeholders, including the Executive, Product, Data, and Platform teams, to design and produce solutions that meet requirements and standards
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Ability to mentor other data engineers
- 5+ years of experience in Data Lake, Data Modeling Architecture, and Development
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Neptune, ElasticSearch, etc.,
- Experience with big data and workflow management technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Athena, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Grafana, QuickSight
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience in architecting, authoring, or reviewing system design documents for enterprise solutions
- Experience with Agile practices and data ops.
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience supporting and leading a data engineering team
- Understanding infrastructure (including hosting, container-based deployments, and storage architectures) would be advantageous
- Extensive experience with AWS Data technologies
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary, 4% match on 401(k), and unlimited PTO
- Meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and Classpass credits
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home when necessary
- Dependant care assistance plan
- Company supported mentorship program
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.