Director of Consulting
Sales & Business Development
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by ForgePoint Capital (the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cyber security early stage investing), HSCM (premier insurance and insurtech investor) and Symantec Ventures.
This senior position is responsible for establishing, growing and overseeing CyberCube’s consulting practice, within a rapidly growing InsureTech company.
This new practice for CyberCube is intended to support the world’s leading insurance institutions with one of their most strategic and important new lines of business. This role would require you to build a team of consultants and oversee the P&L and strategic objectives for our consulting business.
Our consulting function will help insurance institutions with cutting edge analytics projects supported by the data, resources and products within CyberCube. You will also be instrumental in helping to set up new cyber insurance practices of emerging insurers and helping set their strategy, organization and use of our SaaS tools.
The position is based out of London, although other locations would be considered (including New York and San Francisco). The position will involved ~30% travel, including international travel.
- Formulate and implement our strategy for delivering cyber insurance consulting services to the insurance industry
- Directs business operations and resources of consulting practice.
- Act as a ‘player coach’, especially initially, overseeing our consulting function but also driving the execution of key consulting studies
- Manage the main pillars of a consulting practice: people management, delivery management and client engagement.
- Oversee the P&L of our consulting business, including revenues, direct and indirect costs and profitability in the context of the company’s broader strategic objectives
- Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of consulting practice.
- Responsible for setting and driving strategic direction, ensuring profitable growth of the practice, quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability.
- Actively develops new approaches and opportunities for expanding customer base. Creates and implements operational processes to drive consistency and support the achievement of practice business strategy.
- Interacts with executive levels both internal and external regarding matters that influence policies and strategies.
- Accountable for managing and growing a substantive revenue stream and customer base.
- Manages and leads through the management team and/or senior level individual contributors.
- Resolves staffing issues for very complex engagements.
- Identifies, leads, or oversees the development of customer-facing business solutions and offerings that have an impact on the market.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy.
- Must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Advanced technical skills, functional knowledge, client consultative skills and operational management experience.
- Management consulting or consulting experience at a top tier institution
- Distinctive people leadership experience, managing complex and high performing teams
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at the executive level
- People leadership management experience including project, people, customer, financial management preferred.
- Proficient in using selling and negotiation techniques and tools.
- Nice to have:
- MBA from a top tier institution
- Insurance industry experience
- Cyber risk experience
- Data science experience
- Position will require 30% travel, including some international travel
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Competitive salary, pension and benefits
- Meaningful early stage equity
- Generous private medical healthcare insurance with dental and vision coverage
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the key industries in the world
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.