Cyber Security Consultant
New York, NY /
Sales & Business Development /
CyberCube delivers the most comprehensive cyber insurance analytics platform for the insurance industry.
We are solely focused on solving the hardest cyber risk challenges with world-class analytics. Our team is composed of multi-disciplinary experts across data science, cyber security, software engineering, modeling and commercial insurance. CyberCube offers products for cyber risk aggregation modeling and insurance underwriting. CyberCube leverages the threat intelligence from the world’s leading cyber security company, Symantec, along with several other data sources.
CyberCube is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are backed by ForgePoint Capital (the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to cyber security early stage investing), HSCM (premier insurance and insurtech investor) and Symantec Ventures.
CyberCube is looking for a Cyber Security Consultant to expand relationships with prospects and existing partners/customers and achieve sales metrics by supporting and executing on a collaborative sales effort. This role will work as part of the CyberCube pre-sales and Client Services teams to assist in qualifying and providing technical and consultative support to prospects and existing clients for all CyberCube product offerings. The role will primarily work to successfully transition pre-sales prospects into post sales clients to ensure successful client onboarding and provide a premium customer experience through the duration of the customer relationship. This role will require the individual to become an expert in CyberCube’s innovative portfolio of cyber insurance analytics products and services and work closely with CyberCube’s product teams to help ensure that our cyber risk models are appropriate and realistic. This is a full-time position supporting our Go-To Market functions and will be based in either New York or in our London offices.
- Work in collaboration with CyberCube Sales professionals to establish relationships with prospect accounts to ensure continued sales growth
- Provide cyber security competence in a variety of pre-sales and post-sales settings, including but not limited to pre-sales meetings, conferences, proof of concepts, demonstrations, consulting engagements and business reviews and updates
- Develop an in-depth, hands on working knowledge of CyberCube products and services
- Present and demo CyberCube solutions and services to both business oriented and highly technical prospects which will include executive management, business budget holders, as well actuarial and exposure management teams. Bring specific cyber-security expertise to these exercises so as to deliver maximum value to our clients.
- Develop, organize and participate in marketing/sales events to increase internal and external exposure to CyberCube which may include customer/partner events, seminars and trade shows
- Research and analyze key cyber security trends in order to creatively identify and present solutions to prospects in a manner in which they can relate and understand
- Provide technical responses to prospect RFP/RFI and bring cyber security competence and experience to pre/post sale engagements
- Provide feedback based on insurance market and cyber security trends into product roadmap and assessing credibility of model inputs
- Broad and deep knowledge and technical understanding of cyber security issues and solutions and well as the security vendor and service provider landscape
- Deep working technical knowledge of internet, cloud, datacenter and networking infrastructures
- Appropriate cyber security qualifications (preferably, CISSP, ISACA or SSCP)
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language
- Good overall knowledge of the current threat landscape
- Insight into cyber criminal techniques, strategies and methodologies
- An appreciation of the effect of cyber crime on both the end-user business landscape and the insurance domain
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience as an cyber analyst, sales engineer or consultant
- Demonstrated communication (oral/written) skills to formulate and articulate complex cyber security ideas and methods with a diverse audience and to work independently with a strong work ethic
- This is a client facing role requiring strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, highly collaborative and passion for and basic understanding of the intersection of insurance and cyber security.
- Position will require 25%-35% travel, including international travel.
Why You'll Like It Here
- Competitive salary, 401 (K), unlimited PTO, and meaningful early stage equity
- Generous healthcare benefits with medical, dental and vision coverage
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and Ugly Juice for your enjoyment
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hour, and discounted gym passes
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.