Senior Software Engineer
1) The market leader in digital analytics with the mission of delivering the world’s leading cyber risk analytics on one of the most critical risks of today and the future.
2) Hypergrowth startup that has raised over $50mm in capital from top tier VCs.
3) Explosive team growth (from 15 employees in SF to 100+people globally and growing 50% more in 2021).
4) Explosive client base growth path having tripled our clients in 2020.
5) Phenomenal company culture where we are committed to enabling you to do the best work of your career. Check out our perfect score on Glassdoor!
6) An incredible high performing team of insurance industry professionals, data scientists, and engineers who love working here.
7) CyberCube and its products win industry awards every year (eg. CyberRisk Solution of the Year 2021).
8) Openness and accessibility of senior leadership including heads of Functions and CEO.
The Senior Software Engineer is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives. The Senior Software Engineer will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting the team by facilitating assigned activities including the coordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Senior Software Engineer will maintain expertise of the functional software engineering.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- Partners with business teams, development, and IT support to drive creation of processes and procedures
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department’s scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department’ s scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department’s scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to Product Management
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 5 or more years of software development experience required
- 3 or more years of development experience using Java software required
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: RESTful web services, RDBMS skills, Multi-threaded applications, Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.), Cloud application development(AWS), Caching technologies (memcached), Open Source search engines (Solr,Elastic Search)
- Application Architecture
- Software Development
- Java, XML, JSON, Web Services, SQL, & SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, or Postgres
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
- Multithreaded Web Application experience
- Experience with AWS environments and infrastructure
- Creation of Physical and Logical design documents
- Developing applications servicing large transactional system utilizing RDBMS
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, provide scalability and two-node implementation
- Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish; including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting and repair of existing applications
- Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
- Eager to learn new technologies
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Play an instrumental role in reshaping one of the oldest industries in the world
- Competitive salary and meaningful early stage equity
- Company paid learning and development assistance
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home when necessary
- Company supported mentorship program
- Grow in a collaborative, respectful, and empathetic culture
CyberCube Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, protected genetic information or political affiliation.