Penetration Tester – Red Team (Remote Eastern US)
CyBourn, US /
A successful Red Team consultant at CyBourn should possess a deep understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts such as application manipulation, exploit development, and stealthy operations. This is not a “press the ‘pwn’ button” type of job; this career is technical and challenging with opportunities to work in some of the most exciting areas of security consulting on extremely technical and challenging work.
A typical job could be breaking into a segmented secure zone at a financial, education or healthcare institution, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected. If you can exploit at scale while remaining stealthy, identify and exploit misconfigurations in network infrastructure, parse various types of output data, present relevant data in a digestible manner, think well outside the box, or are astute enough to quickly learn these skills, then you’re the type of consultant we’re looking for.
At CyBourn, you’ll be faced with complex problem solving opportunities and hands-on testing opportunities on a daily basis. We help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real world scenario testing. The objective doesn’t end at gaining “domain admin” or “root”; this is expected and is only a starting point.
You are expected to quickly assimilate new information as you will face new client environments on a weekly or monthly basis. You will be expected to understand all the threat vectors to each environment and properly assess them. You will get to work with some of the best red teamers in the industry, causing you to develop new skills as you progress through your career. Are you up to the challenge?
- 3-7 years' experience in at least three of the following:
- Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructure
- Mobile and/or web application assessments
- Email, phone, or physical social-engineering assessments
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools
- Developing applications in C#, ASP, .NET, ObjectiveC, Go, or Java (J2EE)
- Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators, or ciphers
- Source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and Powershell
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
Are you looking for a new career opportunity that will help you achieve your professional goals and propel your career forward? Look no further than CyBourn!
As a fast-growing and motivated company, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who want to be a part of our dynamic team. We are committed to investing in our employees' futures, providing them with the tools and resources needed to succeed and reach their full potential.
Joining CyBourn means that you will be part of an exciting journey towards success. We believe in providing our employees with a supportive and collaborative work environment, where they can grow and develop their skills while contributing to the success of our company.
We are seeking individuals who are driven, passionate, and excited about the world of cybersecurity. Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting your career, we welcome all applicants who share our values and are eager to learn and grow.
If you're ready to take the next step in your career and want to be a part of an exciting and growing company, consider joining CyBourn. We can't wait to hear from you and see how we can work together to achieve great things.
At CyBourn, we are committed to combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.