VP of Sales - Cybersecurity
CyBourn, US /
Hybrid, available to meet in-person in DC area on weekly basis
Who We Are:
CyBourn is a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) organization with a unique approach towards servicing clients. Our CREST accredited Security Operations Center (SOC) combines advanced monitoring services and threat detection capabilities with best-in-class business risk assessment to provide the optimal incident response approach for every client. We integrate threat intelligence, event monitoring, security analytics and incident response, while catalyzing machine learning and automation orchestration to detect targeted cyberattacks.
Established in 2018 in Europe, CyBourn boasts its SOC in Bucharest, Romania, and an R&D Lab in Naples, Italy. In 2022, we launched a sales hub in the Mid Atlantic, marking our full expansion into the US market.
The VP of Sales, reporting to CyBourn’s US executive leadership, will fully establish CyBourn in the US market and drive exponential revenue growth. This role is a leadership role on CyBourn’s senior management team with competitive compensation, equity, and benefits.
Laser focused on driving growth
Develop a short-range and long-range business development plan. Leverage your strong existing network to develop pipeline, qualify opportunity and close deals. Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of clients to maximize 2023 potential revenues. Continuously stay on top of what is happening in the market and feed insights back to internal teams to improve offerings. You will bring unique capabilities at the executive level and have a strong network or access to CXO level within the markets that we target.
Lead through strategic approach with tactical execution mindset
Armed with a strategic business development plan, pro-actively conduct capture activities to shape opportunities and position CyBourn’s future business. Adapt commercial strategies and swiftly change course to tailor responses to market needs. Be prepared to bring new ideas to the table at executive leadership level in order to ensure commercial success.
Utilize existing connections and relationships
Make the most of established relationships in the marketplace, including both end users and IT service providers – MSPs in particular. Use these connections to boost channel sales opportunities.
Tell compelling stories
Be able to articulate Cybourn’s offerings and how they add real value to clients. Strategically evaluate client needs and pain points to develop a compelling story of how CyBourn can be their true partner.
Strong vision and integrity
Stay on top of every stage of the highly consultative, complex sales cycle – from generating leads to closing deals. Spot our serious competitors as part of your sales strategy and know what it takes to elevate our positioning to win. Develop and adapt your commercial strategies and manage change when needed. Doing it all without compromising our integrity.
Please send cover letter and CV via https://cybourn.com/about-us/join-us
- Develop a go-to-market strategy and implement a sales plan for the US
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline for CyBourn’s Security Operations Center, cyber
- consulting services, and promoting CyBourn’s products and services
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy and lead its execution
- Research, initiate and develop a network of potential leads and prospects for CyBourn
- Take a two-prong approach to closing deals through direct sales as well as channel sales
- Build a sales team after a successful first year in the role
- Set and implement team’s vision, mission and KPI's along with its long and short-term goals
- Monitor customer, partners and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team
- Actively participate in relevant industry and networking events
- Conduct online webinars or in-person presentations to generate qualified leads
- Provide weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports on sales, and financial measures
- Must be a well-networked and adept sales 'hunter' within the cybersecurity arena.
- Possesses the capability and insight to navigate intricate solution service sales processes and effectively present to prospects.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the cybersecurity industry.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of leading business development in cybersecurity organizations.
- Experience growing a high-performing sales team.
- Demonstrated success in expanding the client base for cybersecurity companies in the US is mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of the range of services within a Managed Security Service model is essential.
- Proficient understanding of diverse cybersecurity technologies, including SIEM, EDR, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Vulnerability Management, Identity and Access Management, and the Zero-Trust approach, among others.
- Understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK Tactics/Techniques/Sub-Techniques and mitigation strategies.
- Proficient knowledge of IT technologies, including operating systems, networking, virtualization, and cloud, complemented by a deep understanding of IT/information security governance frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, CIS, CSF, HIPAA, PCI, COBIT, ITIL, and more.
- Strong expertise in implementing widely-used CRM tools.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, team player, passionate and success driven
- Ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving desired outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills, in conjunction with experience calling on and presenting to C-Suite level contacts.
- Based in the US, mid-Atlantic region preferred. Travel as needed.
Come Join Us!
Are you looking for a new career opportunity that will help you achieve your professional goals and propel your career forward? Look no further than CyBourn!
As a fast-growing and motivated company, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who want to be a part of our dynamic team. We are committed to investing in our employees' futures, providing them with the tools and resources needed to succeed and reach their full potential.
Joining CyBourn means that you will be part of an exciting journey towards success. We believe in providing our employees with a supportive and collaborative work environment, where they can grow and develop their skills while contributing to the success of our company.
We are seeking individuals who are driven, passionate, and excited about the world of cybersecurity. Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting your career, we welcome all applicants who share our values and are eager to learn and grow.
If you're ready to take the next step in your career and want to be a part of an exciting and growing company, consider joining CyBourn. We can't wait to hear from you and see how we can work together to achieve great things.
At CyBourn, we are committed to combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.