SOC Analyst - Tier 1
CyBourn, US /
Analyst, Remote, Hybrid
The Tier 1 Security Analyst is responsible for monitoring a 24x7x365 coordination center by responding to alerts, notification, communications and providing incident response activities such as tracking the incident, communication with stakeholders, remediation and recovery actions and reporting pertaining to security incidents.
The analysts follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents under the supervision of Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform real-time monitoring of internal and information technology security equipment (IDS, IPS, HID, firewalls, SYSLOG) and systems to determine operational status and performance making use of various Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools, SOAR platforms and other related security management/console applications, such as network traffic and data analytics.
- Analyze both raw and processed security alert and event data to identify potential security incidents, threats, mitigations, and vulnerabilities.
- Support follow-on actions, such as coordinating with other organization teams to facilitate remediation of the alert/event/incident, and close out the investigation.
- Perform initial alert/event/incident triage used for investigation.
- Initiate incident notification, case tracking/management, recovery actions, and report status updates.
- Perform incident response analysis uncovering attack vectors involving a variety of malware, data exposure, and phishing and social engineering methods.
- Coordinate process and procedure actions with geographically separated team members.
Detailed Tasks: Incident Response
- Support and develop reports during and after incidents, which include all actions taken to properly mitigate, recover and return operations to normal operations.
- Participate in the remediation of incidents and responses that are generated from live threats against the enterprise.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to enterprise-wide cyber defense technicians to resolve cyber defense incidents.
- Assist in real-time cyber defense incident handling (e.g., forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable Incident Response Teams (IRTs).
- Bachelors’ degree in either: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or 1-2 years of related field experience in Cyber/IT roles (SOC experience preferred, but not required)
- IAT Level II Certification Required (i.e. CompTIA Security+, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Understand, enforce, and adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Have read and understand the Information Security Policy and supporting procedures and do not hinder in any way the proper execution of procedures defined within.
- Understand and abide by our non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity that will help you achieve your professional goals and propel your career forward? Look no further than CyBourn!
As a fast-growing and motivated company, we are on the lookout for talented individuals who want to be a part of our dynamic team. We are committed to investing in our employees' futures, providing them with the tools and resources needed to succeed and reach their full potential.
Joining CyBourn means that you will be part of an exciting journey towards success. We believe in providing our employees with a supportive and collaborative work environment, where they can grow and develop their skills while contributing to the success of our company.
We are seeking individuals who are driven, passionate, and excited about the world of cybersecurity. Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting your career, we welcome all applicants who share our values and are eager to learn and grow.
If you're ready to take the next step in your career and want to be a part of an exciting and growing company, consider joining CyBourn. We can't wait to hear from you and see how we can work together to achieve great things.
At CyBourn, we are committed to combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.