Content and Community – Curriculum and Instruction
Cybrary is a venture-backed start up in College Park, MD that provides a unique multi-sided platform empowering cybersecurity and IT professionals to develop themselves in their careers. With over 2.5 million users Cybrary is well-positioned to close the employment gap in these fields.
We are seeking an experienced Instructional Designer to join our Content and Community team. The Instructional Designer will guide our best-in-class instructors as they design, develop, and deliver curated online courses and technology-enhanced instructional materials for the Cybrary learning platform. You will support the development of learning systems that scale across the Cybrary platform. The role of the Instructional Designer is cross-functional, and you will work across multiple teams to ensure content releases align with internal objectives.
What you will do
- Support our instructors as they create multiple types of online learning modalities including programming, security labs, multiple choice assessments, and video-based instruction
- Consult with subject matter experts to ensure instructional integrity of courses
- Create clear course standards and outcomes, and use data analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of courses and assessments
- Provide recommendations for the overall design of instruction on Cybrary platform, including interface design, sequencing of instruction, and the use of assessments
- Refine, champion, implement, and coach best practices for Cybrary instructors
- Coordinate with team members and partners to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Occasionally provide off-hours support and responses to instructors questions
Skills you bring
- 2+ years of instructional design and/or curriculum development experience
- Demonstrated success in utilizing the most current technologies for online teaching and learning
- Exceptional project management and collaboration abilities
- Proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for helping others succeed
- Technical content experience in software, security, or data science a plus
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.