UX Design Lead
Product – Product
Are you a creative designer looking for an opportunity to improve the experience of millions of people on a rapidly growing platform? Do you strive to empathize with your users? Do you thrive in dynamic environments where teamwork, flexibility, and persistence are core values? If yes, we’d love to hear from you!
With over 2 million users worldwide, Cybrary is an unrivaled multi-sided platform preparing Cybersecurity and IT professionals for the next threat or step in their career. We provide our users with world-class training and career development materials and enable them to connect with each other, instructors, and mentors.
We embrace a brazen, defiant culture; it is inherent in everything we do. As the UX Designer, you will be expected to infuse that feel into our platform while contributing your aesthetic values. You will own overall layout, information architecture, and user workflows for the platform. You will collaborate with Leadership, Product, and Engineering to build crisp, responsive, and intuitive interfaces across desktop and mobile devices. You will work with Content, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to understand the needs of our users.
We also believe in rapid, iterative improvement through experimentation. Success in this role means being open to new ideas, being able to gather and apply new information, and making decisions based on both intuition and data.
What you will do
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to transform design concepts into intuitive, mobile responsive site interactions, user interfaces, and navigation
- Lead a user-centered approach to design, application flow, and information architecture
- Seek, identify, and address ambiguity in the user flow
- Continuously improve the usability of the platform by incorporating usage and tracking data as well as direct feedback from users and customer-facing teams
- Conduct usability tests
- Balance user and business needs with exceptional communication and facilitation
Skills you bring
- 4+ years of user design or equivalent practical experience at a consumer-focused software company
- Dedication to exceptional user experiences with obsessive attention to detail
- Superb communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for extraordinary design
- Enthusiasm for working in a demanding, startup environment
Applicants are also required to submit a portfolio showcasing past work.
Cybrary, headquartered in College Park, MD, is an equal opportunity, venture-backed startup leading the cybersecurity and IT industry in developing solutions to bring together an ecosystem of content, professionals, and companies to close the employment gap in these fields. We are on an amazing journey, come join our team!