SME Training Architect (Part-Time)
Washington, DC /
Content – Content Development /
Cybrary is a unique multi-sided platform that empowers cybersecurity and IT professionals to develop themselves in their careers. With nearly 3 million users Cybrary is well-positioned to close the employment gap in these fields - and we're just getting started.
Cybrary is looking for a passionate, experienced instructor to join our College Park-based team as a Part-Time SME Training Architect. The Part-Time SME Training Architect will bring expertise in building specialized training content to develop Cybrary learners seeking training for various certifications and skill-sets.
As a training architect at Cybrary, you will create and deliver multi-modal training content to nearly 3 million learners on the Cybrary platform. Your primary focus will be to create advanced training tools in a variety of content mediums that will provide a path of education to our expanding learner base. These courses and materials are made available online through Cybrary’s virtual training portal. The courses include video lessons, live lab environments, assessments, study guides, and more.
What you will do
- Prepare learners to meet their professional and education goals by creating engaging and effective course materials that include scenario-driven content
- Instruct with empathy, reaching a wide audience of users at all skill levels
- Engage with learner feedback and promote Cybrary's materials and services
- Meet or exceed OKRs set forth by management
- Voice, champion, and seek to grow the successes of our customers
- Commit up to 20 hours a week to creating course content in accordance with Cybrary content development standards
Skills you bring
- An inherent passion for teaching or mentoring within the cybersecurity space, and empathy for the learner experience
- Previous experience creating online course content and educating learners, specifically the following areas: security operations, threat hunting, network security monitoring, SIEM design and optimization, forensics, malware analysis, exploit development, container security, cloud security, incident response, penetration testing, governance risk and compliance, cyber-crisis management
- Experience preparing learners for certifications from any of the following certification bodies: Azure, AWS, GCP, CompTIA, ISC2, ISACA, Splunk, Cisco
- An interest in engaging with, and expanding your own reach within, the greater cybersecurity community
- Extreme attention to detail
- Technical content creation skills, such as video and audio recording and editing experience a plus
Applicants are encouraged to commit up to 20 hours/week and follow Cybrary’s course development standards. Cybrary HQ in College Park, MD has a world-class studio available for instructors who do not have suitable recording environments.
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.