You rarely get the chance to change an entire industry. But that's position we find ourselves in.
We're developing a machine that totally automates human cell production - one of the most painful but important processes in biology.
Cells are crucial for biotech and pharma. They're used to discover and develop new drugs, AND they enable state-of-the-art cancer treatments where cells are the medicine. Cytera has the potential to impact cure development across the board.
Today, every biotech loses so much time growing cells by hand! With our cell growing machines, for the first time they can hands-off grow and monitor cell batches from the cloud...
We've assembled a world-class team to take on this challenge, with ex-Dyson engineers and Nature-published scientists working hand-in-hand. You can learn more about your potential Cytera teammates here: Team
Cytera is backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup program in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
Cytera is looking for someone to help us assemble our machines and fluidics. This role is initially part-time, but may become full-time
You'd have a MASSIVE impact on Cytera right now, because:
1. We iterate our designs very fast, so there's always fresh designs to assemble to keep bio and software in sync with the latest hardware
2. We have A LOT of upcoming customers, and you'd be key to helping us keep up
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the development of complex electromechanical systems through practical experience, while interfacing with experienced engineers from places like Dyson
Very high performers discovered through this role will be transitioned to a permanent "Junior Mechanical Engineer" role
- Experience soldering components
- Experience reading CAD drawings
- Experience building electro-mechanical assemblies
- Ensure components produced internally are finished to high quality standards
Nice to Have
- Interested to help us improve efficiency with which we build machines, through introduction of new processes & optimisation of existing ones