You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's position we find ourselves in.
We're developing a revolutionary automated mammalian cell culture system. Cells are key to every biotech and pharma company - from those developing new drugs, to those developing new cell-based medicines. And yet today they're all grown totally manually, the same as 100 years ago.
In the near future, our solutions will be growing cells for cell therapies - the best cancer cures ever created. Join us and help us get there! We have recently been featured in top lists from Labiotech as well as Forbes, and we're backed by Y Combinator, the most successful startup accelerator in the world which produced companies such as AirBnb, Dropbox, and Ginkgo Bioworks.
You can learn more about what it's like to work at Cytera in this video: Link
We’re looking for a creative and experienced scientist to help us benchmark and push the limits of our system and what we can automate. Sometimes you’ll be developing assays and characterising the system, and other times you’ll be collaborating with the engineering team to develop novel functionality that enables complex cell-based workflows.
You should be experienced at managing multiple cell lines simultaneously, as well as tracking consumable requirements to ensure the lab always has what you need.
The ideal candidate would bring a wide knowledge across culturing varied types of mammalian cells, as well as varying workflows. We also highly value a breadth of knowledge across cell usage in industry.
- Strong cell culture experience across multiple cell types
- Experience culturing iPSC cells
- Experience developing and validating biological assays i.e. LAL test, residual DNA quantification, metabolic activity and cell viability.
- Robust experimental design and ability to troubleshoot - root cause analysis or 5 whys
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Design of Experiment (DOE) experience
- Working knowledge of GLP, GMP or ISO 9001
- Experience culturing T cells
- Experience with CRISPR workflows
- Experience developing new cell lines
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!