London,United Kingdom /
White City, London
We’re Cytera and we build machines that totally automate mammalian cell culture. We’re automating one of the most painful and important processes in biology. Join us, push the limits of cell-culture automation and you'll see your work have real-world impact. You’ll help teams in drug development and cell therapy accelerate their research and get vaccines and drugs to patients earlier.
We’re a low-ego, high-urgency team of 13 in a startup R&D environment that cares about learning, growing and solving hard problems together. Our team spans software, hardware, mechanical engineering and, of course, biology. If you join us, you’ll be the voice of the cells within our team. Acting as a filter between the software and hardware teams, you’ll push the boundaries of the device and help us meet the needs of our users.
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast and not killing cells, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real world problems.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’ve worked with mammalian cells in a fluidic setting such as bioprocessing, process development or microfluidics and are familiar with common laboratory techniques to query cell health.
- You believe that the high autonomy, product and user focussed environment of an early stage (pre-series A, YCombinator backed) start-up is the right place to unleash your potential.
- The analysis and quality assurance phase of experiment design is a strength. You enjoy data analysis, validation and documentation.
- You can bring your focus on continual improvement and process to our lab.
- You have a background in biochemical engineering, biomechanical engineering, microfluidics and growing cells in a fluidic environment.
This is a unique opportunity to work on projects at the interface of engineering and biology. When you join us, you’ll get to:
- Become a power user of our devices and help us push the boundaries of what they can do.
- Design and develop new ways to adopt established cell culture protocols onto our system.
- Carry out feature testing to de-risk and accelerate system integration.
- Design and troubleshoot experiments and identify abnormal or unexpected trends in data.
- Work with people with different skills to you and be the bridge to our hardware and software teams.
- Bring your focus on detail, documentation, validation and experimentation to our cross-functional team.
We get excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our benefits include 32 days holiday, pension, thoughtful colleagues and a lab in the Imperial College Innovation hub in White City, where you’ll be based.
This is our priority hire and applications close on November 29th.
Our solutions are going to transform the way every biotech works. Join us and help us get there!