Accounting & Finance Manager
Operations and Administration /
Daedalean is a Zürich-based startup founded by experienced engineers who want to completely revolutionize air travel within the next decade. We combine computer vision, deep learning, and robotics to develop full “level-5” autonomy for flying vehicles.
To manage activities in the areas of accounting and finances across the company.
Details of your role:
- Responsibility for accounting, incl. supervision of one employee.
- Control and posting of payroll expenses, ongoing account reconciliations for social security, pension, withholding tax, posting of refunds.
- Responsible for monthly financial closings and the preparation of quarterly (consolidated) financial statements according to OR (Swiss Code of Obligations).
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting.
- Responsible for VAT reports and contact point for VAT related matters.
- Responsible for purchasing processes and controlling, enforcing and further develop procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the implementation of an effective Project Controlling system in a rapidly growing company.
- Assist in the Introduction of new work processes and continuous optimization of existing structure.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and cash-flow planning.
- Assist in Accounting & Finance projects, such as implementation of new ERP system, applications and reporting for Innovation grants, etc.
- Contact person for internal and external stakeholders, including audits.
- Direct reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business administration education with further training in finance (e.g. finance and accounting specialist with federal certificate of proficiency, fiduciary with federal certificate of proficiency).
- At least 5 years of experience in controlling/accounting/auditing in Switzerland, preferably in a global, industrial environment.
- Strong knowledge of Swiss as well as good knowledge of international accounting standards, primarily US GAAP and IFRS.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, as well as the ability to set priorities effectively.
- Entrepreneurially minded self-starter with a robust personality and able to deal with uncertainty.
- Adaptable to a dynamic start-up environment and eager to contribute to its growth.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Initiative personality who likes to work in a hands-on environment.
- Being fluent in English and German is a must for this position.
- A team of experienced engineers and researchers, who joined us from most recognized companies and institutions.
- Difficult and interesting problems to solve.
- Test flights in the Swiss Alps for you to join.
- Stock options.
- Pilot license subsidy.
- Hybrid work setting.
- Learning & Development budget: visit conferences of your choice.
- Gym membership.