Structural Design & Analysis Engineer (Contract)
Flight Software, Computer Vision and AI /
Daedalean is a Zürich-based startup founded by experienced engineers who want to completely revolutionize air travel within the next decade. We combine computer vision, deep learning, and robotics to develop full “level-5” autonomy for flying vehicles, both existing aircraft and the electric VTOLs that you may have seen in the media.
To drive the structural design, analysis and compliance demonstration efforts for flight hardware installation. Please, not that this is a contractor role.
Your Daily Work:
- Design of flight hardware from preliminary through detailed design, drawing release,
- Prototype mechanical hardware Integration, fit check and testing support,
- Perform stress analysis and sizing using classical mechanics calculations and Finite Element Analysis (where required) to meet applicable structural requirements,
- Static and dynamic analyses to predict and improve structure (where required),
- Prepare analysis reports and compliance documentation,
- Support in establishing processes, tools and templates for the activities above.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree (BSc or MSc) in aerospace/mechanical engineering or equivalent,
- 5+ years of experience in structural design and stress analysis,
- Working knowledge of FEA software and FEMAP or equivalent,
- Experience in performing classical mechanics/hand calculations,
- Working knowledge of EASA/FAA certification regulations, in particular sub-parts C and D and the corresponding compliance demonstration.
- A team of experienced engineers and researchers, who joined us from most recognized companies and institutions.
- Difficult and interesting problems to solve.
- Test flights in the Swiss Alps for you to join.
- Stock options.
- Pilot license subsidy.
- Hybrid work setting.
- Learning & Development budget: visit conferences of your choice.
- Gym membership.