CAD/CAM Programmer, Siemens NX
Karlsruhe, Germany /
Daedalus is a revolutionary manufacturing company. Our team of world-class engineers, business gurus and production experts is on a mission to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading experience from OpenAI, SpaceX, Stripe, Cruise and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others. We are currently setting up our first large factory in Germany and need your help to bring it to full autonomy and duplicate it across the globe in our largest markets.
In your capacity as a CAD/CAM programmer, you will create new NC programs for customer parts using Siemens NX CAM software and work closely with our engineering team to advance the tool path component of our software system.
As a CAD/CAM programmer, you will:
- Create new NC programs for customer parts (from across industries) using Siemens NX.
- Design workholding/fixturing, as needed, with assistance from our production lead.
- Identify and apply appropriate tooling based on type of material, cutting conditions, equipment considerations, and more.
- Maintain tooling databases.
- Contribute to projects of our engineering team by providing NC programs for research parts and acting as a source of information for optimal machining strategies.
You'll fit in perfectly if:
- You have 3+ years of experience with CAD/CAM software and have created NC programs for a wide variety of parts.
- You are familiar with Siemens NX.
- You're fluent in English, German is optional.
- You aren't afraid of working in a high-tech environment, with the majority of our production being run by software and robots.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work in the most innovative and exciting manufacturing environment in all of Germany.
- You'll work in an international, world-class team with an ambitious mission and a fast growth trajectory.
- You'll be able to use your CAM knowledge to develop a revolutionary, industry-changing technology.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20m from your desk.
- We provide lunch and dinner everyday.