Venture Development Intern
Karlsruhe, Germany /
Daedalus is a different kind of startup. We are a team of world-class engineers and business gurus on a mission to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading experience from OpenAI, SpaceX, Stripe, Cruise and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others. We are currently setting up our first large factory in Germany and need your help to bring it to full autonomy and duplicate it across the globe in our largest markets.
In your capacity as a Venture Development Intern, you will work closely with the founders and the head of venture development and will manage your own projects end-to-end. With great analytical skills, the desire to work in an ambitious team and, most importantly, a passion for growth startups, you will get to know the different elements of our business, such as venture development, sales, marketing, recruiting and operations.
As a Venture Development Intern, you will:
- Challenge and optimize the business model in direct collaboration with the head of venture development
- Analyze new customer segments, derive best practices from our competitors' sales strategies and plan the growth of our sales team for different markets
- Analyze and optimize new and existing business processes in our production as well as current workstreams
- Support the implementation of our factory operating system and webshop, and manage the communication with external contractors
- Independently identify growth opportunities and actions that improve the scalability of our business
You'll fit in perfectly if:
- You're passionate about growth startups and want to support us in our mission to build one of the few hardware unicorns.
- You're currently pursuing a business or technical degree at a top tier university.
- You're a flexible allrounder with a hands-on mentality.
- You're pragmatic, solution-focused and enjoy short lead times and fast progress.
- You're fluent in English, German is optional.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work with an international, world-class team with Silicon Valley roots.
- You'll have the opportunity to join an early-stage team and can influence our future trajectory.
- You'll experience growth in a hardware business.
- You'll have a lot of freedom while receiving frequent input and feedback by the head of venture development.
- You'll work on several different topics every week that you're with us and will thus make plenty of learnings.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20m from your desk.
- We provide lunch and dinner everyday.