Software Engineer, Computational Geometry
Remote (Worldwide) /
Daedalus is building the autonomous factory of the future. We are a team of AI, Robotics, and software engineering experts with experience from places like OpenAI, SpaceX, Cruise, and Stripe. We're working to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Join us on our mission to build a completely autonomous manufacturing system for the production of precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robots, and many others.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Design and build mission-critical software, from robot systems to cloud infrastructure, with attention to performance, reliability, flexibility, and code quality.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that power the next generation of intelligent machines.
- Develop and evolve software engineering practices for the unique needs of distributed cyber-physical systems.
- Help to define the culture at a small and rapidly-growing company.
- Deliver previously-impossible robotics capabilities that solve real problems
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers
We're looking for candidates with:
- Experience as a senior engineer or tech lead, providing impactful technical leadership for a team while fostering a healthy engineering culture.
- A track record of successfully planning, building, maintaining, and operating production-grade software systems.
- End-to-end responsibility for their work, and are ready to learn new things based on what needs doing at any given moment
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work in a variety of technical areas as needed, to solve real problems and deliver business impact.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Are motivated to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Enjoy building not only software, but also teams and companies.
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to work on.
- Know your way around a Unix shell.
We're building technology to change the future of manufacturing. We believe that unreasonably great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations via email@example.com.