Software Engineering Intern / Working Student
Karlsruhe, Germany /
Daedalus is a different kind of startup. We are a team of engineers combining software engineering, artificial intelligence and robotics to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading technical experience from OpenAI, SpaceX, Cruise, Stripe and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others.
As a Software Engineering Intern / Working Student you will:
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that power the next generation of intelligent machines. We don’t have a fixed technology stack, but under the hood we’re using Python, Rust, Bazel, gRPC, runC, Buildkite and many others.
- Work on various projects ranging from front-end work for our factory operating system and webshop to advanced algorithmic contributions. We will find exciting projects for you to work on, no matter what your preferences are.
You will fit in perfectly if:
- You're currently pursuing a Bachelors's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You can code proficiently. Specific background knowledge in Frontend or Robotics is a plus but not necessary.
- You take end-to-end responsibility for your work, and are ready to learn new things based on what needs doing at any given moment.
- You have the desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work with an international, world-class team with Silicon Valley roots.
- You'll get to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- You'll have a lot of freedom while receiving frequent input and feedback from world-class engineers.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20 meters from your desk.
- We are super flexible in terms of working hours, location (remote vs. on-site) and time off.
- We provide lunch and dinner everyday.
We are looking for both full-time interns and working students and will find exciting projects for you to work on no matter what your preferences are!