Head of Recruiting
Karlsruhe (GER), San Francisco (CA) /
Business Administration /
Daedalus is a different kind of startup. We are a team of world-class engineers and business gurus on a mission to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading experience from OpenAI, SpaceX, Stripe, Cruise and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others. We are currently setting up our first large factory in Germany and need your help to bring it to full autonomy and duplicate it across the globe in our largest markets.
In your capacity as our Head of Recruiting, you will directly impact our company's most important asset – the team. You will work closely with the growth and tech team leads to identify hiring needs and create a hiring plan and will own the recruiting process end-to-end. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who can't wait to attract and close world-class tech talent.
As our Head of Recruiting, you will:
- Manage the recruiting process for our engineering, growth and production teams.
- Be responsible for the candidate experience. Applying can be stressful and we want to accommodate everyone and make applying at Daedalus a journey, not a chore.
- Expand our network and relations with key partners in the tech world. People are developing astonishing ideas all around the world, and we want to know all of them.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers.
You'll fit in perfectly if you have:
- Experience as a full-cycle recruiter in a fast growth company dealing with high volume roles.
- Experience (and ideally a strong network) in recruitment across Europe and/or the Valley.
- A track record of excellence in sourcing and assessing business and tech talent.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a proven track record of building trust and credibility with both candidates and hiring managers.
- Proven your ability to work well under pressure, are capable of adapting and responding to change and are comfortable managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German is optional.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work with an international, world-class team with Silicon Valley roots.
- You'll have the opportunity to join an early-stage team and can influence our future trajectory by growing our most valuable resource - the team.
- You'll have a lot of freedom while working with and learning from a world-class, interdisciplinary team.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20m from your desk.
- We're super flexible in terms of working hours, parental leave and time off.