Karlsruhe (GER), San Francisco (CA) /
Daedalus is a different kind of startup. We are a team of engineers combining software engineering, artificial intelligence and robotics to build the world's first autonomous factory that can build anything.
With our world-leading technical experience from OpenAI, SpaceX, Cruise, Stripe and others, and venture backing from some of the biggest names in tech including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we believe that revolutionary results can be built by a small group of creative minds working in concert. Join us on our journey to build the autonomous factory of the future to make precision components for spacecraft, medical devices, robotics, industrial machinery and many others.
As a Robotics Engineer, you will:
- Write mission-critical software for robot systems, from part manipulation to autonomous navigation, with attention to performance, reliability, and reusability.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that power the next generation of intelligent machines.
- Help to define the culture at a small and rapidly-growing company.
- Deliver previously-impossible robotics capabilities that solve real problems.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers.
You'll fit in perfectly if:
- You have a track record of successfully planning, building, and operating robotic software systems.
- You take end-to-end responsibility for your work, and are ready to learn and teach new things based on what needs doing at any given moment.
- You are familiar with a few of bazel, (the zen of) python, URScript, Siemens PLC, firmware (C), socket level server/client communication, profibus, protobufs, osx.
- You are excited to join diverse coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- You enjoy building not only software, but also teams and culture.
- You are fluent in English, German is optional.
You should become part of our team because:
- You'll work with an international, world-class team with Silicon Valley roots.
- You'll have the opportunity to join an early-stage team and can influence our future trajectory.
- You'll get to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- You'll have a lot of freedom while receiving frequent input and feedback from world-class engineers.
- You'll work in an actual castle in the heart of one of Germany's sunniest cities, with a beer garden only 20m from your desk.
- We're super flexible in terms of working hours, parental leave and time off.
- We provide lunch and dinner everyday.